A suture is a surgical thread that is used to join two pieces of tissue. It is also called an absorbable suture or chromic catgut suture because it contains a special type of material that dissolves in the body over time. This makes the suture less likely to cause infection when removed and less likely to cause allergies than other materials.
About Chromic Catgut Suture
Chromic catgut suture is a synthetic suture made from chromium and cotton. It is used in surgery to hold tissues together.
Chromic catgut suture is a type of surgical thread developed in the early 20th century by Dr. John Bostwick for use as a prosthetic material for wounds and ligament tears.
Chromic catgut is a synthetic braided material that can be used to repair tissue. It is made from purified collagen derived from the animal intestine and contains no bacteria or viruses. Collagen sutures are also known as chromic sutures because they have a blueish-purple colour. It was first developed by Dr. Alfred Fels in 1938 as a method for closing wounds without stitches or staples after he noticed that his patients didn’t heal well with conventional sutures (such as nylon).
Chromic catguts are ideal for use in surgery because they absorb very little blood during healing and don’t stick together as normal catgut does. This makes them excellent choices for hospitals and medical clinics, where infection control is important but not always possible due to limited staff resources or lack of training to ensure the best preventive measures are taken against germs such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus).
Advantages of Chromic Catgut Suture
The advantages of chromic catgut suture are:
- It is a sterile surgical suture made from purified connective tissue (mostly collagen)
- Chromic catgut absorbable suture is used in various surgical procedures, including skin closure and internal body repairs.
Properties of Chromic Catgut Suture
- A chromic catgut suture is a synthetic surgical suture made of chromic catgut. It has been widely used for closing wounds and ligations as it can be easily cut and tied with blunt scissors or even needles.
- Chromic catgut is a purified connective tissue (mostly collagen). This fibrous structure has been used in the manufacturing of chromic gut since 1868.
- This particular suture is highly durable, and it has the ultimate tensile strength.
- It can be used for several purposes, including surgical benefits due to its absorption quality through phagocytosis.
Ways to Find the Best Supplier
Finding the best chromic catgut suture supplier in India can be a difficult task. You don’t want to invest your money in something that isn’t going to last or worse, causes you pain and discomfort. Sutures must be made from the highest quality raw materials available, and they are sterilized before being shipped out.
The goal of the supplier should not be only to provide you with top-quality products but also with excellent customer service. Online research can also help you to find good-rated suppliers who provide reliable and quality products.
The chromic catgut suture is the best suture for use in catheterization. It has high tensile strength and elasticity. Thus it is suitable to be used in difficult situations like vascular surgery or urology. The main advantage of chromic catgut absorbable suture is that it does not come apart easily, unlike other types of surgical tapes, which are made from polymers when pulled on too hard or stretched out too far over time.