During a surgical incision or a deep wound, there is a need to close it with a suture. This can be done with the help of different kinds of sutures depending upon the type of wound or incision it is. As we know that there are mainly two kinds of suture threads:
These threads are used for different purposes and are used suitably according to what need there is. Depending on the kind of wound, the type of suture is used.
For non-absorbable suture, one such is the Ethilon polyamide suture that is a nylon suture and is used for surgeries. Nylon is one of the most common types of sutures when there is a requirement for a non-absorbable suture. Here are some of the benefits of using Ethilon Polyamide suture:
- Strength: This type of suture has higher tensile strength, and it is absorbed much lesser than any other kind of suture if it is left in the tissue. Since it is a non-absorbable kind of suture, the absorbing rate is very slow, and it can be there for more than a year.
- Knotting: The process of knotting can be done with ease due to the strength it holds; it also is great to use when you want the suture to pass through the skin smoothly and give you knot security.
- Handling: when it comes to cosmetic surgery, a nylon suture is the one that is preferred due to its premoistened monofilament, which has improved handling and tying properties as compared to normal filament nylon.
- Deep wounds: For deep wounds, there is a need for the suture to penetrate with a smaller diameter with giving the knotting sufficient strength; this is made possible with the help of Ethilon Polyamide suture as it has a smaller diameter.
- Non-reactive: Since It is a monofilament configuration, the reactivity is minimal; therefore, the tissue can resist infection, and it can be completely avoided.
- Easy to use: If there is a need to remove the nylon suture, it can be easily removed, so the handling on this is extremely smooth and has minimal tissue reaction.
Ethilon Polyamide suture is available in different forms. It can be clear or dyed black or green. This kind of suture is usually used for ligation or general Cardiovascular, Neurological, or Ophthalmic soft tissue procedures. It is like the braided silk suture but just not naturally achieved as it is nylon, but the quality is similar, and it is perfect where there is a need for non-absorbable suture required.
If you are looking for sutures, you can get them directly from the manufacturers available, and you can even look for the producers of braided silk, PGLA910, Ethilon polyamide-nylon sutures in India and get them of the top-notch quality standard in the world. You can also now look up the specifications online and order accordingly to what matches your needs. Contact the best suppliers for all your medical needs.