Poliglecaprone Absorbable Sutures which is sold under the brand name of ORYL MONO (Poliglecaprone 25) Suture is a product of SRI ORION Sutures from India. Prepared from genuine quality glycolide, this polygycolic acid based suture was first time marketed in the Indian business domain by SRI ORION Suture in 1997.
Synthetic PGA Sature with highly absorbable feature has extensive applications in health care sector across the globe for its premium quality and proven effectiveness. This suture is considered as better than its catgut based counterpart in terms of its higher absorption level, high efficacy rate on living organism, easy handling method and exceptional strength.
This suture is also preferred over polyglactin suture for its higher tensility level and it is perfect for hysterectomy and orthopaedic surgical procedures.
Pectryl suture can be accessed both in violet and undyed forms.
- PGA Suture is the synthetic version of suture with interweaving pattern, It is available in coated form and is highly absorbable.
- The U.S.P size of this suture ranges between 2 to 6.
- This suture contains high amount of glycolide based homopolymer.
- The offered suture has <5% w/w calcium state and higher amount of polycaprolactone based coating.
- This suture has fixed absorption rate and it is absorbable via hydrolytic process.
- The provided suture tends to hold around 75% of its tensility level post fourteen days of its implantation. 50% tensile strength of this suture is retained after three weeks. 25% tensility level is retained after four weeks of its fixing. It requires around 60 to 75 days for its full absorption.
- The calcium state and polycaprolactone based coating of this suture helps to maintain smoothness of its surface for promoting its trouble free passing via tissues.
- It is preferred over its catgut and polyglactin based versions in terms of its higher tensile strength.
- Its knotting characteristics deserve special mention.
- This suture can be accessed with 300 series alloy steel fabricated needles that ensure about its pointed form, high effectiveness and structural strength.
- The provided suture is precisely and securely woven to raise its strength and to enhance uniformity of its surface.
- The suture of Poliglecaprone Absorbable Sutures is recommended for ligation and side by side positioning of tissue edges via tissue approximation surgical procedure. This suture is suitable for ophthalmic purpose and is prohibited for neurological as well as cardiovascular applications. Aromatic organic compound based CI solvent violet (that ranks 13 in color index) has been used to dye this suture.
- Known for its high absorption capacity, this suture is not recommended for extended tissue approximation based surgery.
- The insertion or placing of this suture results in negligible inflammatory feeling in treated tissue. The suture tends to lose its tensile strength when it is absorbed by tissue via hydrolysis process. In this stage, the polymer present in this suture converts into glycolic acid. Finally, this glycolic acid is totally absorbed by human body through metabolic procedure.
- The entire absorption process involves losing of tensile strength and gradually losing of mass. It requires at least 28 to 35 days for full absorption of this suture post fixing. The entire absorption process is completed within 60 to 90 days.
|Needle Length ||Needle Description ||Suture Length ||Suture Size in USP |
|4-0 ||3-0 ||2-0 |
|16 mm ||3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting prime Needle ||70 cm ||OS 1205 || || |
|25 mm ||3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting prime Needle ||70 cm || ||OS 1326 || |
|26 mm ||1/2 Circle Oval Round Bodied ||70 cm || ||OS 1664 ||OS 1665 |